The Force for Health Intern Opportunities
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to apply to be a Force for Health Intern
The Force for Health® Program is looking for interns for the
upcoming 2023 spring, summer and fall school year.
Join our efforts while you test and challenge your workforce readiness
with a LIVE REALITY HEALTH Global Learning experience
Through a community-centered approach that identifies all of the socioecological factors that affect health, the Force for Health® encourages individuals to live healthier lives, while helping friends, family, and community members to do the same. Utilizing service learning to promote health education and health advocacy, we aim to foster better health outcomes through meaningful service to the community.
If you are interested in health advocacy, community engagement, health communication, health promotion, and/or health education, we strongly encourage that you apply for a Force for Health® internship. Because the Force for Health® represents an interdisciplinary team that works together to promote health through a variety of skill sets, we encourage students of all backgrounds to apply.
- To promote health equity and cultural diversity by enabling individuals to gain a greater understanding of the social determinants of health and their impacts;
- To empower individuals to make an investment in their health by giving them resources to become more health literate;
- To provide leadership and development opportunities for individuals through service-based learning projects;
- To enable individuals to work with community agencies and become more involved in the community;
- To facilitate a pipeline to professional experience in which individuals are exposed to the opportunities in the health professions