Meet some of the Force for Health and EduCom team that helped Dr. Rob with this program.
We will feature our collaborators or contributors on this page. At the Force for Health we learn from those with local and subject matter expertise.
Today we are featuring Lois, a college student in Ghana, in her own words. She is currently a Research and Teaching assistant of the Department of Food Science and Technology at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Meet Addison Konlan. He has been helping EduCom with its outreach in Africa and now the Force for Health with its health literacy education world wide.
Addison Konlan recently graduated from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, with a Bachelors degree in Food Science and Technology.
He is a young research enthusiast with Interests in the field of Obesity and Diabetes, Global Health, infectious diseases (Malaria, HIV/AIDs), Planetary Health, Nutrition Security and Micronutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Iron deficiency) among mothers and infants.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
– Strong interpersonal and networking skills
– Ability to work under pressure
– Strong Research Skills
– Strong Volunteering skills
– Project management skills
– Strong Analytical skills
– Microsoft office suite
– Fast learner
– Adaptable to new environments He currently serves as a Force for Health Ambassador for Ghana. As part of his responsibilities, he advocates for universal health coverage in Ghana and also develops content in the field of Nutrition and public health to help ensure that everyone stays healthy and strong. His long term goal is to become an Academic researcher, a Public Health Nutrition consultant and a global health policy specialist working with governmental organizations
Kofi Owusu-Akyaw Oduro is a first-class graduate with remarkable credentials in the area of Food science and technology. He is currently serving a one-year voluntary service in the food science and technology department, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology as a Research and Teaching Assistant where he is helping in ongoing research.
Growing up in a community faced with several food safety challenges of which he’s once been a victim, his dream is to become a well-versed researcher in food safety to contribute significantly by helping to set up proper food defense mechanisms and liaising with appropriate institutions to reduce issues of food contamination, adulteration and tampering in his community and beyond. He has research interests in Food microbiology, food toxicology, biodegradable packaging and to ensure the sufficient and affordable supply of safe foods to consumers.