In December, our Board of Directors approved our biennial policy roadmap that aligns with our organizational mission to improve the health, education and well-being of children and youth in the commonwealth.
Learn more about our five policy areas, including data points, policy priorities, and legislative or other significant actions:
- Child Welfare: Ensure each child in Pennsylvania lives in a home where they are safe and protected from abuse and neglect.
- Early Care and Education: Ensure each child in Pennsylvania can participate in affordable and accessible high-quality early care and education, including infant and toddler child care and pre-kindergarten education.
- Home Visiting: Ensure each child in Pennsylvania can grow up in a stable and healthy home environment.
- K-12 Education: Ensure each child in Pennsylvania has the opportunity for an adequate and equitable high-quality public education.
- Perinatal and Child Health: Ensure each birthing person and child in Pennsylvania can access affordable, quality health care.
PPC is committed to policy choices that improve maternal and child well-being, advance racial equity and support economically disadvantaged families.
Our work to advance equitable policy solutions is critical in our long-term vision because we can’t achieve our goals if any child is left behind.
Explore the policies we work on to build better futures within the 2023-24 Policy Roadmap.
Also new this year is our revamped State of the Child, which serves as a data companion to the roadmap. View a variety of data points pertaining to Pennsylvania’s children and their well-being