Nearly 1 in 4 Latinos reported that the Coronavirus pandemic was affecting their mental health, according to an April 2020 poll.
Of those surveyed many reported high levels of psychological distress.
On Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020, let’s use #SaludTues to chat about ways to help promote healthy minds for Latino youth and their families.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Healthy Minds for Latinos Amid COVID-19
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Sept 1, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: TBD
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #healthyminds
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How Latinos are affected by disparities in mental health & mental health care amid #COVID19?
- Situations that might impact the stress and anxiety of Latino & immigrant families amid #COVID19; and
- What to do and how to take action to promote healthy minds & safety among Latino youth and their families amid #COVID19?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to help keep youth and their families connected amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
Interested in co-hosting this chat or having access to the questions beforehand? Contact Rosalie Aguilar at: email@example.com.
The post 9/1 #SaludTues: Healthy Minds for Latino Families Amid COVID-19 appeared first on Salud America.