Are you sure you want to remove from your connections?
|Bio and Background||
Founder and CEO of the Center for Accelerating Innovation (www.accinnov.com ) and a founding director of the Healthy Communities and Wellness Alliance of Tucson, Arizona (www.azflourishing.org).
Co-founder of two previous entrepreneurship Accelerators. The OZ Accelerator helped entrepreneurs start-up businesses in low-income Opportunity Zones (www.ozaccelerator.online).
Winner of the SBA Growth Accelerator Prize.
Pure Blue is a Seattle-based initiative focused on developing mentoring entrepreneurs to deploy innovative clean water solutions for the world (www.pureblue.org), Raised $1 million to begin operations.
Other highlights in my career:
• Executive Director of the Washington Economic Development Commission leading an innovation-based economic development strategy, recruited world-class research teams at the University of Washington and Washington State University, and implemented 18 Innovation Partnership Zones.
• Originated the innovation ecosystem framework for the National Innovation Initiative of the Council on Competitiveness which laid the foundation of the America Competes Act. • President of the National Council for Advanced Manufacturing.
• President of the non-partisan Institute for Illinois.• Strategic planner for Virginia’s Center for Innovative Technology.
• Deputy Assistant Secretary for productivity, technology, and innovation for the U.S. Commerce Department. Led implementation of Bayh-Dole Act technology transfer policy across all federal agencies Championed creation of the Baldridge National Quality Award.
• Executive director of the President’s Commission on Industrial Competitiveness (Young Commission) which produced the landmark report: Global Competition–The New Reality.
• Futurist and research director at SRI International specializing in global economic dynamics, and emerging technologies. Evaluated Federal technology commercialization practices and changing lifestyles and values.
• Staff at the Presidents Advisory Council on Executive Organization and program analyst at the Office of Management and Budget.
• Graduate of Harvard College in economics.