Weight Loss of 20 or More Pounds
“Congratulations on making the decision to achieve your goal of losing 20-50 pounds! Losing weight is a journey and it takes dedication, commitment, and hard work to reach any health or fitness related goals. Here are 5 tips for you to keep in mind as you start your journey:
1. Set realistic expectations – Don’t aim too high, or you might set yourself up for failure. Start with smaller goals and work your way up to the big goal of losing 20-50 pounds.
2. Meal Prep – Planning and preparing meals ahead of time can help make healthy eating easier and more convenient during busy days. When it comes to meal prepping, try to include an abundance of nutrient-dense and filling foods.
3. Increase Physical Activity – Include a form of physical activity into your daily routine, even if it’s just for 30 minutes a day. Exercise increases heart rate, strengthens muscles, and promotes healthy brain function.
4. Get Enough Sleep – A lack of sleep can throw off your hormones, increase stress levels and appetite, and cause physical fatigue. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to stay energized during the day.
5. Focus on Progress – Don’t get discouraged by any setbacks you face along the way. Celebrate the milestones you make throughout your journey and remain focused on the progress you have achieved.
No matter where you are in your journey, setting goals and following these tips will help make it easier to reach your desired outcome of losing 20-50 pounds! Best of luck and never give up. You can do this! “