Eat 5 Servings of Fruits or Vegetables Daily: Basic Health Goal
Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables every day can be a great way to stay healthy and get the nutrients your body needs. Here are some tips to help make it easier:
1. Make fruit or vegetables part of every meal. This means adding a side dish of vegetables or having a piece of fruit for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2. Keep fresh fruits and vegetables in the house at all times so that you have easy access to them. If you can’t afford fresh, it is cheaper and fine to use canned or frozen fruits or vegetables. They have a slightly different taste but are still filled with nutrients and fiber. Just try to avoid ones with added sugar or syrups.
3. Cut up veggies ahead of time to make it easier to grab a handful for a snack or when making meals throughout the day. You can also buy pre-cut fruit and vegetables from the grocery store.
4. Look for creative ways to include fruits or vegetables in meals or snacks that you may not usually think of, like adding spinach to your scrambled eggs or blackberries to a grilled cheese sandwich.
5. Experiment with different types of produce – try something new each week! You may be surprised at what flavors you like.
With these tips, you can easily achieve your goal of eating five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Not only will you be healthier and get more nutrients, but you may even find new favorite foods! Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!