Access and Get up to Date with your Health Care: Basic Health Goal
If you’re not feeling well, the last thing you may want to do is go to the doctor. But sometimes, getting a physical can be exactly what you need.
Here are the top five reasons to get a physical if you’re not feeling healthy:
1. To rule out serious illness or injury. If you’re feeling off but you can’t pinpoint why, it’s worth getting a physical. Your doctor will be able to rule out any serious illness or injury and help you find the cause of your symptoms.
2. To catch problems early. Many health problems can be caught early with a physical exam. Catching problems early means they’re more likely to be treatable and less likely to cause serious health complications.
3. To get personalized health advice. Your doctor can give you tailored advice on how to stay healthy based on your unique health history and risk factors.
4. To stay up-to-date on vaccinations. Vaccinations are an important part of preventative health, and many doctor’s offices offer them.
5. To establish a relationship with a doctor. If you don’t have a regular doctor, getting a physical can be a good way to start that relationship. Having a doctor you trust is important for both your physical and mental health.