Hispanic Heritage Month is a time where we can honor the history, culture, and diversity of the Latino community.
Unfortunately, many Latinos in the U.S. still face many health inequities, including limited access to healthcare, poor nutrition and physical activity, low COVID-19 vaccination rates, and more.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, to discuss how we can improve health equity for Latinos while celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: How to Improve Health Equity for Hispanic Heritage Month TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap); Latinx Voces en Salud Campaign (@VocesenSalud); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr), Combat COVID (@Combat__COVID), National Hispanic Medical Association (@NHMAmd), MomsRising Together (@MomsRising)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues #HealthEquity #HispanicHeritageMonth
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What inequities do have Latinos faced historically and today?
- How has COVID-19 exacerbated inequities for Latinos
- What policies can help advocate equity for Latinos?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how to improve health equity for Latinos and all people!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
The post #SaludTues Tweetchat 9/7: How to Improve Health Equity for Hispanic Heritage Month appeared first on Salud America.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in