Smoking kills — it also harms those who work near, live with, or are close to a smoker.
Newfound data shows that researchers are beginning to link secondhand smoke exposure and worsened COVID-19 outcomes. As the pandemic continues to spread throughout the US, health advocates are calling for more significant restrictions on smoke exposure.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020, to tweet about secondhand smoke exposure, it’s harmful impacts, and how it can influence someone’s experience with COVID-19!
- WHAT: #SaludTues: Secondhand Smoke and COVID-19
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST (Noon-1 p.m. CST), Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @tobaccofreefla, @ANR_Smokefree
- ADDITIONAL HASHTAGS: #COVID19
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- How can secondhand smoke impact someone’s experience with COVID-19?
- What are some of the worst health problems that can come from secondhand smoke exposure?
- How can civic leaders, business owners, etc. help prevent secondhand smoke exposure?
Click here to learn about Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats and see how you can get involved.
The post #SaludTues Tweetchat 8/25: Secondhand Smoke and COVID-19 appeared first on Salud America.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in