There are a few things to keep in mind when trying to eat balanced and healthy meals. First, focus on getting plenty of fruits and vegetables. It’s also important to get lean protein, whole grains, and healthy fats. And lastly, watch your portion sizes.
- Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients that your body needs. Aim to fill half of your plate with them at each meal. If you’re not used to eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, start by adding a few more each week. You can also try new fruits and vegetables, or find ways to make the ones you don’t like more palatable.
- Lean protein is an important part of a healthy diet. It helps keep you feeling full and provides your body with the amino acids it needs to function properly. Choose lean protein sources such as grilled chicken, fish, tofu, legumes, and eggs.
- Whole grains are another important part of a healthy diet. They’re packed with fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and helps promote healthy digestion. Choose whole grain options such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, and quinoa.
- Healthy fats are an important part of a healthy diet. They help your body absorb vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Choose healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds.
- Portion sizes are also important to consider when trying to eat healthy. Avoid overeating by only eating until you’re satisfied, not stuffed. And be mindful of the portion sizes of the foods you’re eating. For example, a serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards.
By following these tips, you can make sure you’re getting the nutrients your body needs to function properly. Eating healthy can be delicious and satisfying, and it’s an important part of maintaining a healthy weight.