COVID-19 has highly impacted people with disabilities, especially Latinos and other people of color with disabilities.
Even before COVID-19, many barriers have made life inequitable for people with disabilities, whether in the workplace, classroom, or doctor’s office.
Creating inclusive spaces and policies for people with disabilities will help us reach a more equitable society.
Join #SaludTues on Feb. 23, 2021, at 1:00 PM EST to tweet about how we can advocate for inclusivity and equity with people with disabilities.
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Advocating for Inclusivity and Equity with People with Disabilities”
- DATE: Tuesday, Feb, 23, 2020
- TIME: 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST (10:00-11:00 p.m. PST)
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: @Respect_Ability, @NCHPAD, @HA_Summit
We’ll open the floor to data, resources and your experiences as we explore:
- How to create inclusive spaces for people with both visible and invisible disabilities
- Health disparities that people with disabilities experience
- How COVID-19 has impacted people with disabilities
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that advocate for equity for people with disabilities.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.
The post #SaludTues Tweetchat 2/23: Advocating for Inclusivity and Equity with People with Disabilities appeared first on Salud America.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in Fuerza por la Salud