A widening socioeconomic gap, racism, and discrimination contribute to inequitable distribution of healthcare and mental and physical health disparities among Latinos and other people of color. This is especially true amid COVID-19.
How can we change this?
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, to discuss emerging strategies to promote a cohesive culture for health equity is one where everyone works individually and as a group to ensure that each person has a fair, just opportunity for health and wealth!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Breaking Down Systemic Injustices in Healthcare
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The Praxis Project (@Praxis_Project); Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap); Latinx Voces en Salud Campaign (@VocesenSalud); LatinaStrong Foundation (@LatinaStrongDr)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What systemic barriers to equitable healthcare do Latinos face?
- What are some ways to overcome those barriers?
- How can those solutions be applied in healthcare, schools, and communities?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how to address healthcare injustices among Latinos!
#SaludTues is a monthly health equity tweetchat focused on health equity and the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET on the first Tuesday of each month. #SaludTues is hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
The post #SaludTues Tweetchat 8/3: Breaking Down Systemic Injustices in Healthcare appeared first on Salud America.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in