The COVID-19 vaccine is a contentious topic for many Latinos and Americans.
The divide between those who are vaccinated and those who are unsure or don’t want to get the shot grows wider every day.
But we can use compassion and cultural relevancy when promoting vaccine benefits with our loved ones who are unsure about the shot, according to two medical experts, Claudia Pineda, a physician assistant in Brooklyn, N.Y., and Dr. Katya Corado, a researcher with The Lundquist Institute.
Listen to Claudia Pineda and Katy Corado in the newest Salud Talks Podcast, Episode 38, “How to Empathetically Discuss the COVID-19 Vaccine,” to learn how to have better conversations about COVID-19 vaccination!
- WHAT: A #SaludTalks Podcast discussion about the COVID-19 vaccine and how we can all have better conversations about this critical shot.
- WHERE: Available wherever fine podcasts are downloaded, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Tune In, and others
- WHEN: The episode went live at # p.m. on September ##, 2021
- WHO: Josh McCormack, Salud America! Salud Talks Podcast Producer; Claudia Pineda, Physician Assistant in Brooklyn, N.Y.; Dr. Katya Corado, a researcher with The Lundquist Institute in Torrance, Calif.; and special thanks to the Combat COVID team, run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, for arranging for the guest speakers to participate in the discussion
In this episode, we explore questions such as:
- Does the fight against COVID-19 really end?
- Why do we need to research new treatments when we have vaccines for COVID-19?
- What is a clinical trial? Why should you consider volunteering for one?
Don’t forget to check out the Salud Talks podcast, and, of course, subscribe on all platforms!
The post Salud Talks Podcast Episode 38: “How to Empathetically Discuss the COVID-19 Vaccine” appeared first on Salud America.