Despite the many advances in gene technology and the biomedical sciences, not everyone is able to benefit from the latest medical treatments.
Precision medicine is a type of medical treatment that takes into account individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle.
According to a recent study published, many Latinos have never even heard of precision medicine.
So how then can they benefit from these novel types of treatments?
Together we can work to spread the word about precision medicine and work change this!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Bilingual Tweetchat: “Advancing Precision Medicine for Latinos / #SaludTues Chat en Twitter Sobre: La importancia de Avanzar la Medicina de Precisión Para Latinos
- DATE: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- TIME: 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST (1-2 p.m. ET, 12 pm CST)
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS); LAMDA (@); The Mexican Coalition/ Coalicion Mexicana (@CoalicionMex); National Association of Hispanic Nurses (@nahnnursing); The National Alliance for Hispanic Health (@Health4Americas); The National Hispanic Council on Aging (@NHCOA)
- HASHTAGS: #SaludTues; #HispanicHeritageMonth; #PrecisionMedicine
We’ll open the floor to data, resources and your experiences as we explore:
- Barriers and facilitators to precision medicine;
- How to increase participation and address fears and misconceptions about precision medicine;
- Discuss ways to learn more about precision medicine
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to help promote healthy minds for youth and their families amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.
Interested in co-hosting a #SaludTues tweetchat?
Email us at email@example.com and share an idea for a chat.