Description: Surgical Technologists assist with operations by preparing the operating room and gathering the appropriate equipment.
- Prepare operating rooms
- Sterilize instruments/surgical supplies
- Keep count of instruments/surgical supplies
- Pass equipment to surgeons during operation
- Maintain sterile environment
Interested in becoming a Surgical Technologist? Click here for more information.
- Requires a diploma, certificate, or associate’s degree, from a surgical technology program
- Degree can be attained in several months to 2 years
- Coursework in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, patient safety, infection control, and the use of medical equipment
Work Environment: hospitals
Salary: $44,940 (annual mean wage for Pennsylvania)
Job Outlook: Expected to increase by 12% from 2016-2026