Description: Medical Assistants support the work of physicians and other health care professionals in various medical settings by performing administrative duties and basic clinical tasks.
- Record patient history
- Take vitals
- Schedule appointments
- Prepare samples for laboratory tests
- Assist with patient exams
- Enter notes into medical records
Interested in becoming a Medical Assistant? Click here for more information.
- No formal education is required, but most employers require a certificate
- Certificate or diploma can be acquired at a community college, technical school, or university
- Takes about 1 year to complete
Work Environment: Physician’s offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, healthcare facilities
Salary: $32,770 (annual mean wage in Pennsylvania)
Job Outlook: Expected to increase by 29% from 2016 to 2026