In order to be a Force for Health for others, individuals must become a Force for Health for themselves first.
We encourage becoming a Force for Health for yourself first by using our “Learn it, Live it, Share it” philosophy.
We welcome you to use our free and low cost tools to become a better force for health for yourself, your family and community today"
Understanding our Core Philosophy - LEARN It, LIVE It, SHARE It
Your Health Starts with You...
- Take courses and challenges in the Force for Health Academy
- Self-Evaluate your lifestyle and habits to identify the necessary steps to improve overall well-being
- Test your knowledge with pre- and post assessments
- Create custom wellness plans based on individual health needs
- Form groups and work on meaningful projects that make a difference in your communities
- Easily obtain information about and from health professionals and subject matter experts
- Use social media to share relevant, health related data with family and friends
- Educate your peers about healthy decisions using what you learned
- Become an ambassador on a health topics or become a community health worker and engage your local community
The Meaning Behind our Force for Health® Rings & Logo
This is the socio-ecologic model, a validated framework to support the individual. Each ring represents wrap around support for the person from friends and family, community organizations, infrastructure, and data and insights informed policies. The Force for Health Network provides tools for each of these groups to support the individual and for the individual to support these groups.
Through a community centered approach that identifies all of the socioecological factors that affect health, the Force for Health® Program encourages individuals to live healthier lives, while helping friends, family, and community members to do the same.
Utilizing service learning and community engagement to promote health education and health advocacy, we aim to foster better health outcomes through meaningful service to the community.
An individual’s health journey can be evaluated based on social determinants such as housing, food, safety, education and transportation
On line courses, blogs, quizzes and challenges allow individuals to improve their own healthy literacy and provide opportunity to share with others
The Force for Health Network aims to both deliver and develop quality networks and resources to help individuals, families and groups equitably
Many health and service agencies already exists in a community, but are often existing in separate siloes with limited collaboration to maximize impacts.
Scoring, movement and engagement data can reveal key insights about a community health needs and highlight areas for policy and educational improvements
The Membership Experience
Being a Force for Health member means you will take responsibility to make good decisions for yourself, and eventually, help others to do the same.
As a member, you can acquire the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions.
Once you’ve learned about becoming a Force for Health for yourself as a member, you are eligible to become an ambassador. Get to know your own health better now with advanced tools & challenges
Increase your health literacy and give back to your community.
Finally, if you are interested in becoming more involved with the Force for Health, you can become a Group Leader.
As a group leader, you will have the opportunity to become certified as a community health worker, mentor, or intern.
- To make it fun to make the healthy decisions and to make your community a place where that can happen
- To promote health equity and cultural diversity by enabling individuals to gain a greater understanding of the social determinants of health and their impacts;
- To empower individuals to make an investment in their health by giving them resources to become more health literate;
- To provide leadership and professional development opportunities through service based learning projects;
- To enable individuals to work with community agencies and become more involved in the community;
- To facilitate a pipeline to professional experience in which individuals are exposed to the opportunities in the health professions
- We are all collaborators sharing content and technology of value that we may create to be able to used by others without having to recreate it.